2019 Board of Directors
Founded in 1975, the Upper State Apartment Association (USAA) is the local apartment industry trade association that represents the upstate of South Carolina in serving the multi-family housing industry. USAA is always raising the awareness of the industry through outstanding educational opportunities and public relations.
USAA continually represents our area in regulatory and legislative issues and changes that are vital to your community. Your local industry leaders represent you on the state and national levels. The South Carolina Apartment Association (SCAA) has lobbyists in Columbia, South Carolina working on behalf of the multi-family housing industry. When you join USAA, you are also automatically a member of the SCAA as well as the National Apartment Association (NAA.)
Benefits of being a USAA Direct Associate Member:
- Sharpen your skills and earn CEC’s by attending educational programs and seminars
- State customized leases and addendums for members only through the Blue Moon program
- Nationally recognized designation programs including CAM, NALP, CAPS and CAS, among others!
- SC Real Estate Commission approved to offer the required Property Management Pre-Licensing Course
- Network with leaders in the apartment industry – keep in touch with what is going on
- Find Business Partners – USAA has preferred quality supplier members to meet your needs
- Included in membership dues – one attendee per property attends FREE to 8 designated meetings
- Legislation updates on important state and federal issues
- Trade Show held annually to update staff with new products and services
- Membership Directory – all members listed by name & suppliers searchable by category
- Website - comprehensive resource for everything USAA-related including a calendar of events.