Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
October 29, 2019
Posted By: Job Postings ,
Position: Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Greenville, SC 29601
Wage/ Salary: Apply for More Information
40 Hours/Full Time
• Supervises and coordinates on-site maintenance staff, including hiring, training, and coaching. May oversee the landscape and housekeeping functions of the property.
• Receives, organizes, and prioritizes maintenance work orders. Performs services as requested by residents or preventative maintenance as required to keep equipment operating efficiently.
• Ensures that work orders are completed properly and promptly by repairing or replacing equipment personally or by coordinating the efforts of the maintenance team.
• Assists other maintenance staff with complex and/or labor intensive work orders to ensure jobs are completed safely and timely.
• Contacts and oversees vendors for work not performed in-house. Inspects and approves contracted work completed.
• Develops and maintains preventive maintenance schedule and assigns tasks for completion by maintenance staff.
• Coordinates service staff to ensure market-ready turns of vacant apartment units to specifications as quickly as possible to meet leasing demand.
• Monitors and regularly inspects the property, apartment units, landscape, and maintenance repairs for quality, readiness and safety. Identifies and addresses needs for improvement, repair and/or replacement. Operates a motor vehicle.
• Keeps the maintenance shop clean, organized and in good working order. May order necessary equipment, parts and supplies for the community based upon the maintenance budget.
• Communicates and shares information with property and regional management regarding overall property maintenance condition, status, and staff. Ensures maintenance goals and objectives are mutually understood and provides feedback. Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Ensures the resolution of resident issues and complaints in cooperation with the staff.
• Works on-call as required by MAA’s 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• HVAC experience required
• EPA Type II or III or Universal license required; CAMT is required in Florida only
• Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
• Supervisory experience preferred