Skip to content
Board Elections - - November 19th @ USAA's Monthly Meeting
Job Position: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Location: Greenville, SC
Wage/Salary: Apply For More Information
Full-Time / 40 Hours
• Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
• Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
• Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
• Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
• Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items.
• Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
• May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
• May perform “make ready” projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
• Cleans carpets as assigned.
• May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
• Adheres to MAA safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
• Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required by the MAA 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee.
• Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
• Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
• HVAC experience required
• EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position. CAMT is required in Florida only
• Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
• Associate’s degree in a related technical or mechanical field preferred
• Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred