Lease-Up Leasing Consultant
(Waterleaf at Keys Crossing Apartments - Greenville, SC)
Leasing Consultant is the company's first impression to potential and current residents. Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. This includes generating and handling incoming prospect traffic, touring available inventory, qualifying applicants and renewing second generation leases. Ensures the successful leasing of apartments by adhering to community policies and procedures during the application process (e.g., qualifying potential residents, verifying applications). The Leasing Consultant will play an instrumental role in nurturing the relationship with the residents throughout their residency by providing high quality customer service. Must be flexible and able to work varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate strong sales skills to both internal and external customers.
- Manage the sales process from start to finish to achieve sales goals.
- Ensure that all sales leads via telephone, walk in traffic, internet leads, etc. are followed through until considered “lost” or "closed".
- Find qualified leads through referrals, networking, company supported advertisement and outreach marketing efforts.
- Answer questions and tour apartment homes to determine the needs of potential residents.
- Close the sale/renewal by effectively communicating the value of the community and NHE’s commitment to delivering a quality living environment and home.
- Maintain closing ratio based upon the needs of the community.
- Monitor and follow-up on pending renewal offers.
- Demonstrate customer service skills to both internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain excellent ongoing relationships with potential and current residents.
- Use customer service skills to take resident requests, address resident concerns and resolve them effectively and efficiently.
- Help plan, schedule, organize and communicate resident functions as needed to promote resident retention and increase resident satisfaction.
- Participate in social media marketing to obtain traffic and assist with brand management.
- Utilize tools and resources to assess community’s market position in surrounding sub-market to maintain the advantage above the competition.
- Prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Use exceptional multi-tasking skills to streamline processes and effectively manage daily tasks.
- At the Community Managers and/or the Assistant Community Managers direction responsible for other administration functions including but not limited to accounting and payroll related functions.
- This job description does not list all functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sales-minded individual with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative without instruction.
- Able to meet/ exceed sales objectives.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills via email, text, writing and phone.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and reliable.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent follow-up skills via email, text, writing and phone.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, reliable and self-motivated.
- Must have the ability to work with little direction maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Multi-task and be a team player.
- Strong communication skills with outgoing personality.
- Leasing, sales, and/ or customer service experience is desired.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good communication skills and an ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Ability to generate reports, business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public. Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished written and verbally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works indoors from the NHE, Inc. on-site Leasing office. The employee will regularly work in a highly mobile environment in performance of the above duties and responsibilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable about the company's policies and procedures as described in the company Employee Handbook.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits program. NHE offers:
- Health Insurance (HDHP or PPO)
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (offered for HDHP plan)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k Retirement plan
- 11 Paid Holidays (includes Birthday Holiday)
- Up to 130 hours of PTO