Maintenance Supervisor Needed - Strategic Management Partners
Strategic Management Partners
Full-Time / 40 hours a week/ 5 days a week
$22 - $26 per hour based on experience
Valid Driver License.
This position is responsible for, the general maintenance/service and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment and when present, other maintenance staff. Responsibilities include maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, pool chemicals, and related systems. This position reports directly to the Property Manager and as needed, to the Service Director. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
1. Ensure the physical condition of the property is maintained according to company and owner directive and safety standards. Ensure that service requests and repairs are performed correctly and in a timely manner, not more than 48 hours for non-emergency if possible.
2. Perform general maintenance/ service repair tasks without endangering self, residents or fellow employees.
3. Organize and prioritize service requests and general maintenance tasks.
4. Oversee turnkey operations. Ensure that vacant units are made rent-ready in a timely manner not to exceed 7 business days. Perform turnkey work as required. Ensure all make-ready units are inspected and the quality control turn sheet is completed per unit.
5. Schedule and supervise / coach other maintenance staff, if applicable, and the work performed by outside contractors.
6. Maintain a complete and full inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing service and maintaining the property.
7. Prepare staffing schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely manner, while remaining within budgetary guidelines and all overtime must be approved by manager.
8. Maintain a preventive maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs, service requests and the utilization of outside contractors.
9. Adhere to the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Teach, promote and perform safe work practices among on-site staff and this position.
10. Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
11. Hire, develop, evaluate, and manage on-site maintenance staff, if applicable.
12. Work with Property Manager to develop property budgets, marketing plans and re-forecasts.
13. Assist with the cleanliness of the grounds and amenities at all times.
14. Special projects or additional duties assigned by supervisor that are essential for the operations of the property.
15. Identifies and reports any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience/Knowledge of:
• Position requires ability to transport or move up to 75 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces.
• Requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions, which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
• Minimum of three to four years’ previous experience in property maintenance, other building maintenance or MEP related trade.
• Requires the ability to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
o Major appliances
o Basic - intermediate plumbing
o Basic - intermediate electrical (when no license required)
o General carpentry
o Pool care (if required by property)
o Pest control (if required by property)
o Roofs and gutters
o Foundation…sidewalk… concrete
o Ice/snow removal
• Requires ability to deal well and effectively communicate with people.
• Ability to move throughout the property to which assigned and have ability to climb stairs.
• Requires the ability to drive a car without jeopardizing the safety of prospects, residents, fellow employees or the general public.
• Requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle.
• Requires individual to be able to use maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, saws, paint spray rigs and guns, acoustic hoppers, paint brushes and rollers, caulk guns, glues, thinners, ladders and any other type of paint equipment and required safety equipment.
• Requires the ability to work the normal business hours of the property and any after-hours emergency or on-call hours with the exception of any pre-approved time off or company holidays.
• Requires the ability to use general office equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, paint equipment, ladders, Freon recovery units, landscaping equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment and required safety equipment.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and valid car insurance for the state in which employed.
• Requires EPA certifications for Freon recycling
• Other licenses and certifications as required for property needs or by state or federal law.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CREATE A CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT BETWEEN THE CANDIDATE AND SMP OR GUARANTEE ANY SPECIFIC TERMS, CONDITIONS, OR LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT. IF YOU ACCEPT THIS JOB OFFER WITH SMP, YOUR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE COMPANY WILL BE CONSIDERED “AT-WILL”, MEANING THAT EITHER YOU OR THE COMPANY MAY TERMINATE YOUR EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE, AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. NO ONE (INCLUDING A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER) HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ALTER YOUR AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT OR TO CREATE A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY, EITHER ORALLY OR IN WRITING.
Candidates can submit their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org