Multisite Property Manager
Position: Property Manager Sterling Pelham & Sterling Westchester
Start Date: 3/9/21
Hours: 40 hours per week
• Bachelors degree required.
• Three to five years of experience in residential property management required.
• SC Property Manager’s License required
• Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative procedures.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Strong leadership, training, supervision and decision-making capabilities.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Prepares and implements marketing strategies to ensure annual revenue growth for the property.
• Guides leasing team members, trains subordinates, evaluates employees and makes recommendations for salary increases/advancement, maintains payroll records, hires and terminates employees in accordance with GPI policies and under direction of Regional Property Manager.
• Regularly monitors the financial performance of the property, making necessary changes in the operations as needed to meet and exceed performance goals.
• Supervises both maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property.
• Adheres to all appropriate GPI personnel directives, accounting directives, maintenance and purchasing directives.
• Ensures that bank deposits are made daily or as necessary, purchases necessary office supplies, coordinates disbursement of petty cash funds, supervises rent collections.
• Establishes schedules and assigns personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, ensures that maintenance requests are handled quickly.
• Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make-ready apartments in a timely manner, oversees the inspection of make ready apartments, approves all applications and signs all leases and related forms, oversees details of move-ins and move-outs.
• Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, handles resident relations and resident organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the Regional Manager immediately and prepares incident reports, continually inspects property and improvements, recording deficiencies and taking necessary actions.
• Handles resident issues in a timely and effective manner, ensuring that resident issues are not escalated to Regional Manager more than once per quarter.
• Responsible for the timely completion of ownership and/or property reports and marketing surveys.
• Responsible for the safety of the property team and the execution of a safety program. Insures that accidents and the potential for accidents are minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and insures training is properly executed with the team, that safety manuals and documentation are current and up to date, and that property personnel follow property safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Understands and implements current GPI computer software applications.
• Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, appearance and company loyalty are upheld by all personnel.