Position Title Hiring for: Property Manager
Start Date: 10/1/2018
* Bachelor's degree preferred; Minimum of 5 years of property management experience; or a combination of education and experience preferred.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft office programs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk the property and climb steps up to 50 percent of the time. The employee is required to be in a stationary position up to 50 percent of the time to perform work on the computer and operate other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. The employee must be able to exchange accurate information with tenants and others in the office while interacting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and make adjustments as necessary.
The individual must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and oversees the operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of residential properties.
• Plans, schedules, and coordinates general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for residential properties.
• Directs collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, and deposits and payments of insurance premiums.
• Inspects grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
• Acts as liaison between on-site managers or tenants and owners.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Supervise general maintenance, leasing assistants, and housekeeping employees' work through the planning and scheduling of work, and the review and approval of tasks.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Communication - Refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. Giving full attention to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when. • Customer Service - Refers to the ability to satisfy the expectations and requirements of customers. Displays courtesy and sensitivity and responds promptly to service requests. Identifies customer needs and explains services clearly. Handles difficult situations.
• Professionalism - Presents oneself in a professional manner; Shows respect towards others; Consistently places needs of tenants first; Displays honesty and integrity both inside and outside the workplace. Identifies tenants' needs and explains services clearly. Handles difficult situations."
Wage or Salary: DOE
How should they apply? email: email@example.com