Talent Acquisitions Specialist
Company: Grubb Properties / Link Mixson
Position: Service Supervisor @ Link Mixson (Full Time)
Start Date: 1/29/2020
Hours: M-F 9am - 6pm and on call on the weekends
• At least five years’ experience in this field.
• CPO certification required.
• Interest and enthusiasm for the job.
• Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
• Strong knowledge of heat pump, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and carpentry.
• Good organizational and mechanical skills.
• Ability to maintain an inventory system.
• Must have or be willing to obtain a Certified Pool Operator license and Freon certification.
• Inspects and maintains all HVAC systems, furnishes plumbing upkeep inside and outside the buildings, ensures that roofs and gutters are in good condition, maintains all recreational facilities.
• Supervises both the maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property; trains and is responsible for work performed by all subordinate staff members.
• Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make ready apartments in a timely manner; oversees the inspection of make ready apartments; and supervises and assists in painting, cleaning and preparing apartments for occupancy.
• Organizes and maintains proper inventory levels on all essential supplies, keeps all tools and equipment in good working condition.
• Ensures all maintenance requests are handled quickly, notifies Property Manager if parts must be ordered.
• Is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the pool and pool area to include proper chemical levels as required by local municipalities or other governing bodies, maintenance of pool equipment and furnishings.
• Is responsible for the safety of the maintenance team and the execution of a safety program. Insures that accidents and the potential for accidents is minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and trains team on safety procedures, and the use of personal protective devices.
• Assists Property Manager in preparing schedules and assigning maintenance personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, shares 24-hour emergency call duties with other maintenance staff, including weekends and holidays.
• Schedules and implements preventative maintenance programs.
• Coordinates with Property Manager to hire maintenance technicians, housekeepers, grounds technicians, and painters to maintain a competent maintenance crew.
• Adheres to all GPI maintenance and purchasing directives, works within the established budget and reports to the Property Manager any possible variations.
• Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, ensures that good public relations are maintained between residents and the maintenance staff.
• Assures that a written explanation of work performed in each unit is left for resident.
• Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, and company loyalty are upheld by the maintenance personnel.