Regional Leasing Consultant - Paddock Club, SC
Position: Regional Leasing Consultant
Start Date: 8/11/21
• High school diploma/GED and 4 years of experience in leasing, sales, and/or customer service required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid driver’s license from state of residence required
• Bachelor’s degree with leasing experience strongly preferred
• Rotates among properties within a geographic territory to perform leasing of apartment units to prospective residents by communicating the value of residence at a MAA community. Provides additional leasing staffing coverage and support to designated properties as directed to achieve performance goals.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective residents. Applies sales techniques to schedule tours of the property. Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units based on preferences and budget.
• Collects required information from prospective residents to qualify residents for a lease. Completes all forms and data entry associated with leasing activities.
• Notifies prospective resident of approval or disapproval. Assists qualified prospective residents with completing lease agreement and collects initial rent and deposit payments. Assists new residents with the move-in process.
• Prepares and maintains a file for each resident according to policy and procedures.
• Proactively contacts residents with expiring leases to propose renewals and close the renewal of the lease in advance of the lease expiration. Communicates and reinforces the resident value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal agreements.
• Assists with marketing efforts in the community to promote positive awareness of MAA properties and increase traffic of prospective residents. Contacts prospective residents by phone to market MAA properties and schedule tours.
• Receives and corresponds with residents regarding service or other needs. Prepares work orders for service and triages requests to staff members as appropriate. Promotes positive resident relations and provides customer service and responsiveness to resident needs and concerns.
• Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance MAA’s corporate culture.
• Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to identify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics.
• Adheres to a varied work schedule, including weekends and some holidays, as required to facilitate leasing staff coverage and availability to current and prospective residents at properties as assigned.
• Attends and participates in training programs and events which may require air travel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.