2 New Forms Regarding COVID-19
Two new forms regarding Covid-19
will soon be available
Dear NAA Click & Lease Users,
In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the NAA Click & Lease Program will be updated on April 2, 2020 to include the following changes to your lease forms. The Release Notes, which are accessible when logged into your NAA Click & Lease Program, include copies of these upcoming forms. Should you wish to access these forms sooner, they will be made available on NAA’s COVID-19 Resource page beginning March 25, 2020.
Should you have any questions about these changes, please contact NAA. As always, we recommend you and your local legal counsel review all new and/or updated forms before implementing them into your leasing operations.
The following COVID-19 forms will be available for e-signature:
- Notice of Temporary Waiver of Late Fees
- Allows operators to waive late fees incurred by residents who, as a result of COVID-19, are experiencing loss of wages, unemployment, or medical expenses.
- Allows a resident who, as a result of COVID-19, are experiencing loss of wages, unemployment, or medical expenses to pay rent and other sums at a later date.
- The Virginia Apartment Management Association has provided NAA with a Rent Payment Addendum that can be used for any situation, not just COVID-19 related situations.
Note: The above forms are still pending approval in the following jurisdictions and will be released at a later date:
- Mississippi, Montana, and the Canadian province of Alberta.
Note: The above forms are not approved by local counsel for use in the following jurisdictions:
- District of Columbia
Note: The above forms were recently approved for the following jurisdictions:
- Oklahoma (forms available on 4/2/20)
- Connecticut (forms available on 4/2/20)
- The National Apartment Association and Landlord Law Firm (local counsel for NAA) strongly recommend that you consult with your local counsel regarding whether or how to use this form in a manner that complies with local regulations.
- Oregon (forms available on 4/1/20)
- There is a patchwork of local emergency regulations that are evolving on a daily basis. The National Apartment Association and Warren Allen, LLP (local counsel for NAA) strongly recommend that you consult with your local counsel regarding whether or how to use this form in a manner that complies with emergency regulations.