Balfour Beatty Investments - North America Residential Maintenance Technician- Level I
Who We Are
At Balfour Beatty Communities, we are dedicated to a singular mission: delivering the quality communities people are proud to call home. We believe exceptional living experiences can only be created when We Care—about our residents, our partners, our communities and each other. Our culture of caring drives every aspect of our business, guiding us to always do the right thing and build meaningful connections as we fulfill the needs of our residents and partners with sincerity, empathy and creativity.
About the role
The Maintenance Technician is integral to meeting this objective, with responsibility for maintaining the overall physical condition of the community and providing world-class service to our valued residents. Our Maintenance Technicians diagnose maintenance issues, make necessary repairs and ensure all resident service requests and other community maintenance is completed in a timely manner. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have top-notch maintenance skills and a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
You may be eligible for a $500 net sign on bonus to be paid out in your first paycheck
About the Maintenance Technician Job Family
Balfour Beatty Communities' (BBC) Maintenance Technician Job Family was established to provide a structure around the maintenance function at BBC. This new framework will create levels around roles and responsibilities, while also attracting, retaining, and growing our maintenance employees! Come grow with us!
Each level has their own requirements as defined in the job description and a training plan* set in place to help you achieve the next level.
. The Maintenance Job Family has the following levels:
- Maintenance Trainee
- Maintenance Technician I
- Maintenance Technician II
- Maintenance Technician III
*Required training for Maintenance Tech I completed within 9 months of hire/promotion date.
What you'll be doing
- Provide maintenance support for general maintenance and orderliness of property HVA, mechanical, electrical, utilities and lighting systems. Including inspections and repairs.
- Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
- Working a rotating on call schedule to have 24/7 maintenance coverage
Who we're looking for
Qualified candidates will have:
- High school diploma or GED graduate level, Technical school preferred.
- 1-3 years maintenance experience
- EPA 608 Universal and trade knowledge preferred
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding on at least one of the following disciplines: electrical, plumbing, carpentry
- Ability to make repairs to resident homes to Company standards within time limits.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Solid customer service skills
- Valid, state-issued driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, machinery, equipment, supplies, and office equipment. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50-75 lbs.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in and outside a maintenance/machinery environment and in and outside residential properties. Employee frequently interacts directly with residents, maintenance and communities’ staff during the workday.
Benefits: Discretionary bonuses, health/life insurance, 401K contributions, robust paid time off, long-term and short-term disability, paid parental leave.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.