NAA Click & Lease Forms
Update for South Carolina
Dear South Carolina NAA Click & Lease User,
The NAA Click & Lease Program for South Carolina will be updated on November 2, 2022 to include the following changes to your lease forms. The Release Notes, which are accessible when logged into your NAA Click & Lease Program, include copies of these upcoming forms.
Should you have any questions about these changes, please contact NAA. As always, we recommend you and your local legal counsel review all new and/or updated forms before implementing them into your leasing operations.
- Single Family Lease Contract
The template for the Single Family Lease is the Apartment Lease Contract. While we outline major changes below, we ask that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with this new single-family housing lease and its new fields and checkboxes.
- Parties paragraph – provides residence information and definitions
- Occupants paragraph
- New language: As permitted by law, you understand and agree that we may provide access to any occupant listed under paragraph 2 (Occupants) in the absence of any written document that withdraws such authorization.
No one else may occupy the residence without our express written permission.
- Rent and Charges paragraph
- New field: [ ] at property management office located at ____________
- New subsection with new fields: Homeowners Association Fees. (Check one)
[ ] The residence has no associated HOA fees for which you are responsible.
[ ] The monthly rent amount indicated above (check one): [ ] does [ ] does not include the HOA fee of $________ per month. If the fee is not included in the rent, we will invoice you according to the following terms: _____________________
- New subsection and fields: Additional Charges.
Yard Maintenance. Unless otherwise noted in this Lease, you will be responsible for and pay for the following items: mowing and edging the lawn and maintaining all plants, trees (unless prohibited by law), shrubs, etc.; watering the lawn and other vegetation; keeping the lawn, flowerbeds, sidewalks, porches and driveways free of trash and debris; and fertilizing lawn and plants. You must promptly report infestations or dying vegetation to us. You may not modify the existing landscape, change any plants, or plant a garden without our prior written approval. After _____ written warnings of improper yard maintenance, we have the right to invoice you $ ______ for third-party lawn care services.
Pest Control. You must comply with all applicable provisions of building, housing and health codes and maintain the residence in a clean and sanitary manner.
[ ] You are responsible for general control and elimination of household pests including, but not limited to, fleas, ticks, roaches, silverfish, ants, crickets and rodents.
[ ] We will arrange and pay for extermination services for all pests within the residence as needed in our reasonable judgment.
- Rental Application paragraph
- New paragraph: You understand and agree that we have relied upon the Rental Application (“application”) submitted by you as an inducement for entering into this Lease Contract, and you warrant that the facts contained in such application are true. If we determine or learn that any fact or representation in the application is false or deceptive or omits material facts, you shall be in default of this Lease Contract, and in such an event, we shall have all of the rights and remedies set forth in this Lease Contract. You understand and agree that we reserve the right to check the criminal records of you and your occupants at any time during the original term or any renewal terms of this Lease Contract, though you also agree that we have no affirmative duty to anyone to research or monitor the criminal records or sex offender records of any person.
- Policies and Rules paragraph (formally Community Policies and Rules)
- New subsection and fields: Homeowners Association and Rules. The Premises
[ ] are [ ] are not subject to a Declaration of Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&R) and/or Homeowner Association Rules and Regulations (HOA Rules). If the Premises are subject to CC&R and/or HOA Rules, you acknowledge receipt of copies of the same with this Lease Contract. Your failure to abide by any CC&R and/or any HOA Rules is a material breach of this Lease Contract and may be grounds for termination of the tenancy. Any fine or monetary penalty that is charged to us as a result of your non-compliance with any CC&R or HOA Rule will be charged to you and will be immediately due and payable.
- Condition of the Premises and Alterations paragraph
- New language and field: You agree that you are responsible for the replacement of HVAC filters throughout your tenancy at your own expense. Said HVAC filters should be replaced approximately every ____ months. You also agree that you are responsible for keeping plumbing fixtures clean and sanitary and maintaining commode, drains and air gaps free of blockages, and for operating all electrical and plumbing fixtures properly.
- New subsection: Major Appliances and Structural Elements. We are responsible for replacement of or repairs of major appliances (including washers and dryers we furnish) and electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems, unless the repair or replacement is required due to your misuse or negligence. We are responsible for replacement or repairs of structural elements. Structural elements include, but are not limited to, the windows, the roof, floor and ceiling systems; bearing walls and partitions; columns, lintels, girders and load-bearing beams; foundation systems and footings; all interior stair-carriage systems; all necessary materials required for the joining, support, fastening or attachment of the foregoing items; all components of the exterior designed to prevent infiltration of water (i.e., paint, shingles, siding and trims); and hand railings, steps, sidewalks and driveways. In the event of a bona fide emergency, and if notification to us is impractical or impossible, you may request reasonable and necessary repairs to alleviate the emergency condition at our expense, unless said bona fide emergency was caused by your misuse or negligence for which you will be solely and entirely responsible for any necessary cost or expense incurred; you must immediately notify the Landlord in writing of such repairs.
How will the users experience within the NAA Click & Lease be affected?
The following changes will be implemented within the NAA Click & Lease Program in correlation to the form revisions.
- Two new fields will be added to the “Special Provisions” section of the lease editor.
- A new section called “Single Family Lease” will be added to the lease editor. Multiple new fields will be available and recurring default values may be saved.